Marca: Cristiano Ronaldo’s Manias
- He is the only field player to play in Portugal’s long-sleeved shirt.
- He changes his hairstyle for each Euro game, sometimes at halftime.
- He steps onto the field with his right foot first & prefers to be the last one to walk out. Since he is captain, he has to enter first. He also takes off the captain’s armband as soon as the match ends.
- The DJ responsibilities now fall elsewhere. Miguel Veloso & Raúl Meireles handle the music with Portugal. At Real Madrid Sergio Ramos has that task, but Cristiano prefers Marcelo’s choices because “he’s a better DJ”. On trips where they have to travel, he sings along with his teammates. The national team players always sing “A Minha Casinha” by Xutos e Pontapés, which talks about missing home.
- When changing in the locker room, he likes to touch the ball while talking to his teammates about plays.
- When he walks onto the pitch, he’s aware of where his family sits. When he scores or once the game ends, he makes sure to wave to them.
- When on the Portugal team bus, he chooses to sit in the back & is always one of the last to get off. It’s the opposite if the the team travels by plane—he sits in the front row with Pepe & is one of the first to get off.