Training | April 22, 2014
Bale was able to complete Tuesday’s session. However, he hasn’t overcome his flu-like symptoms and is spending the night at home instead of the team residence.
Yellow card alert: Alonso, Illarra, Ramos
Absences: Arbeloa, Jesé, Khedira (injury)
Squad list | Concentracíon | Preview
Ancelotti and Alonso press conference [+]
- Marcelo isn’t 100%, so Coentrão will start. Ronaldo’s availability is a game-time decision. A physical exam will be carried out Wednesday to determine if he’s fit enough. Being used as a sub hasn’t been ruled out.
- Khedira’s recovery is coming along, and Ancelotti is confident that he’ll be playing before season’s end.
- Bale’s illness was played down, but there are reports that his availability is in question.
- Alonso is counting on support from the crowd to boost the squad Wednesday.
- He stresses working as a unit in both attack and defense. To him, possession is pointless if you aren’t effective.
- The only thing similar about Bayern and Barça is that Guardiola is coach. Alonso doesn’t think it’s worth making the comparison.
- watch: historic goals against Bayern [+]
- Regarding Bayern player availability, Neuer (calf) and Alaba (flu) are likely to play. Van Buyten (child birth) returned to Germany. Thiago (knee), Shaqiri (hamstring) and Starke (unspecified) are injured. Only Mandžukić is a card away from suspension.
Kickoff vs Bayern (H) is Wednesday, 8:45 PM CEST | 2:45 PM EDT.