All fit players were involved in the last session before facing Depor. Pepe (muscle fatigue) stayed indoors.
Absences: Jesé, Khedira, Pepe (injury)
- Carvajal (hamstring) is fit to play; Pepe (muscle strain) wasn’t called up so Varane will start in his place.
- Illarra has the mister’s confidence; all he needs is time on the pitch.
- There will be more rotation coming up because there are a lot of games coming up in the next few weeks.
- Kroos and Ronaldo are in top condition; Bale and Modrić aren’t there yet.
- Mourinho admits he would return to RM; also discusses his relationship with Ronaldo
- Marcelo wasn’t called up for Brazil’s Asia friendlies next month.
Kickoff vs Depor (A) is Saturday, 4 pm CEST | 10 am EDT.
Real Madrid 5-1 Basel (September 16, 2014) | Champions League, GS1
- Suchy - 14’ og
- Bale - 30’ (Modrić assist)
- Ronaldo - 31’ (Bale assist)
- James - 36’
- Benzema - 79’ (Ronaldo assist)
- Casillas is 1st RM player to spend 16 seasons in the European Cup.
- Pérez presented Casillas with Cibeles replica for his 15th year with the 1st team
- Ronaldo is the 2nd highest goal scorer in the UCL (68) ; he is only behind Raúl (71).
Next match: La Liga - Deportivo (A) Saturday, 4 pm CEST | 10 am EDT
Absences: Carvajal, Jesé, Khedira (injury)
- injury update: Carvajal could be back in time for Saturday’s league match.
- reminder: 2 sections of the Bernabéu will be closed for Tuesday’s UCL match.
- Zizou: Benzema knows he must score.
Kickoff vs Basel is Tuesday at 8:45 pm CEST | 2:45 pm EDT.