Sydney teen meets Real Madrid | ©
Dustin Villareal of Sydney, Australia has gone through a lot. A serious car accident left him in a coma for three weeks. Dustin has since endured five brain operations and an extended stay at a local children’s hospital.
The teen will undergo one final surgery, but before doing so he got the chance to meet some Real Madrid players. Last month Villareal’s father got in touch with the club in an effort to take his mind off the surgery, and the team obliged. Dustin told the Macarthur Chronicle it was the best day of his life.
“It was so unexpected. My heart started beating fast. Cristiano was a very nice man and was happy to sign my football and take a photo with me,” he said.
"They were really, really nice people.
"They seem to have a lot of time for their fans and they made a big deal about me being Australian.
"It has been a stressful year after the car accident. My head injuries are getting better every day. I am getting stronger and stronger. But this meeting made my whole year."
Training | December 6, 2013
In the last training before facing Olímpic Xàtiva, 21 players were put through their paces. The keepers trained under coach Vecchi, while the 17 outfielders did muscle-building exercises and rapid ball work. The injured Khedira, Coentrão and Varane (who remained indoors) followed their usual regimens.
Injury update: In today’s presser, Ancelotti told the media that Varane is working hard to recover from his knee injury and ought to be back by January. He’ll start training with the team on Wednesday. Ronaldo is fully fit and will play against Copenhagen on Tuesday. [+]
The mister addressed the Morata rumors and said the player is happy and will be staying. If at the end of the season he changes his mind, then the club will think about facilitating a loan move.
Alonso’s renewal, while important, isn’t a priority at the moment. The focus right now is finishing the rest of 2013 well. However, the club has talked to Xabi and Ancelotti believes the player will make a decision soon. In regards to Saturday’s game, Xabi is not called up because of the artificial turf they will play on. It’s best he not play on that type of surface.
No starting XI nods were given. Carletto acknowledged the quality of the younger players, who he has faith in. They’ve got nothing to prove; their chances will come. It’s just that they have the misfortune of competing against the likes of Ronaldo, Bale, Modrić, etc.
Squad list (18 players)
Absences: Coentrão, Khedira, Varane (injury) | Ronaldo (sanction) | Alonso (technical decision)
Real Madrid 4-0 Real Valladolid | La Liga (MD 15)
Yellow card alert: Pepe (4)
- Bale becomes the 2nd British player to score a hat-trick in La Liga
- His perfect hat-trick comes only after 13 games played; Ronaldo happens to be the last player to score one (January against Getafe)
- This is the 1st time Diego López has maintained a clean sheet in 2 consecutive games all season
- Benzema is on his league-best scoring streak, goals in 5 consecutive games
Next training: Tuesday, 4 PM CET
Next match: Copa del Rey vs Olímpic Xàtiva (A) - Saturday, 10 PM CET | 4 PM ET
Training | November 28-29, 2013
Twelve outfield players practiced outdoors at Thursday’s training, while the rest of the fit players stayed indoors for gym work. The keepers trained with coach Vecchi. Coentrão, Khedira and Ronaldo continued their own recovery plans. [+]
Friday’s practice was the last of the week, where Ronaldo made his return to the group. Twenty-two players were on hand, and the injured players continued their recoveries. Training indoors was Varane. [+ • + • +]
Injury update: Khedira, who is still in Germany, was recently photographed with his leg in a cast. The photo was posted by national teammate Mario Gómez.
Ronaldo’s thigh niggle is fully recovered, as confirmed by Ancelotti. The imaging from his scan came back clear. However, the player isn’t yet comfortable with playing, so he wasn’t called up for the Valladolid game. It’s worth noting that the earliest he will play is December 10 (Copenhagen) or 14 (Osasuna), as he is suspended for the 1st leg of the Copa del Rey.
Absences: Arbeloa (suspension) | Coentrão, Khedira, Ronaldo, Varane (injury)
Kickoff for Valladolid (H) is Saturday, 8 PM CET | 2 PM ET.
- Audi 13/14 miscellanea: Quotes - Pérez | Ramos | Bale || media master post
- Ramos shoots down rumors
- Ronaldo in new Bimbo promo
- Isco, subject of new bookOff topic but noteworthy - Due to an overwhelming workload and financial strain, the two people behind madridismo.org have made the decision to stop. This duo is responsible for the full video footage of RM trainings, press conferences and mixed zone interviews. They have also provided photos of these events on their website. If you’re inclined, please send them words of appreciation for their hard work over the last year.
Top 100 Players in the World by FourFourTwo (January 2014 ed.)
- 1 - Cristiano Ronaldo
- 8 - Gareth Bale
- 27 - Isco
- 35 - Sergio Ramos
- 43 - Ángel di María
- 49 - Xabi Alonso
- 57 - Karim Benzema
- 60 - Luka Modrić
- 63 - Marcelo
- 93 - Raphaël Varane
- 99 - Iker Casillas and Diego LópezETA: #10-22 // #36-41 // #68-87 not in photos above due to lack of space (I only posted those that included RM players) || Go here to see complete listing
Almería 0-5 Real Madrid | La Liga (MD 14)
- Ronaldo - 3’ (Isco assist)
- Benzema - 61’ (Jesé assist)
- Bale - 72’
- Isco - 75’ (Jesé assist)
- Morata - 81’ (Casemiro assist)
Yellow card alert: Arbeloa suspended vs Valladolid (H)
- RM reaches 54 official goals this season in 18 games — the fastest any of Ancelotti’s clubs has broken 50
- Ronaldo ties Di Stéfano with 71 league away goals for the club, now only trailing Raúl (87)
- He is also RM’s 4th highest scorer in La Liga, tying Hugo Sánchez with 164 goals
- In his 200th game for RM, Benzema scores his 96th goal and cracks the Top 20 of the club’s scorers
- For the 1st time in 15 years, RM has 5 different goal scorers
- Not since 2005 has RM played with 9 Spaniards at the same time
- Alonso and Pepe commemorated their 250th and 150th league games, respectively
Next game: UCL - Galatasaray (H), Wednesday at 8:45 PM CET | 2:45 PM ET
Real Madrid on International Duty - Goals | November 2013, Round 2
- Benzema vs Ukraine - 34’
- Ronaldo vs Sweden - 50’ | 77’ | 79’
- Di María vs Bosnia-Herzegovina - 59’ (assist)Of the eight countries our Madridistas represent, all but Wales (Bale) have qualified for the World Cup.
- Brazil - Marcelo
- Argentina - Di María
- Germany - Khedira
- Spain - Casillas, Alonso, Arbeloa, RamosThe final three nations solidified their qualifications in the second leg of Tuesday’s playoffs.
- Portugal - Ronaldo, Pepe, Coentrão
- France - Benzema, Varane
- Croatia - Modrić
Note: Players included came from the most recent call-ups.