January 11, 2013
- Videos - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
- Galleries - 1 | 2
- Cristiano Ronaldo had permission to miss today’s training; he is unavailable for the match because of suspension.
Injury update: Fábio Coentrão joined the group for the 2nd consecutive training. Xabi Alonso, who spent Thursday’s training inside, returned to the group today. After October’s foot surgery, Marcelo finally makes a return to the team’s call-up sheet.
- Videos - 1 | 2
- Galleries - 1 | 2
- rumors - ”I am as relaxed as I was when I first arrived at this club. I have my mind focused on this team. Our aim is to win all three trophies, I am here for the team and I won’t pay attention to rumours. I don’t have to revindicate myself, I have been here for six years and everyone knows me. I just need to take advantage of all the minutes I play.”
- the short squad for Osasuna - ”Every player at the club is important and we cannot just worry about the players we’ll be without. We have players that are good enough to get a result and we’ll try to show that. It’s always difficult to go to Pamplona, apart from last year (when Madrid won 5-1). It’s a tough stadium to go to and Osasuna will make things difficult for us. We need the points, we’re going to try and do our best there.”
- Mourinho vs. Casillas - ”I’m not going to talk about that because the team is united now. We are all with Mourinho and we need to get behind him and he needs to support us. That’s the only way we’re going to win a trophy.”
Squad list: (20 players)
- Keepers: Casillas, Jesús, Mejías
- Defenders: Albiol, Arbeloa, Carvalho, Coentrão, Marcelo, Varane
- Midfielders: Alonso, Callejón, Di María, Essien, Kaká, Khedira, Modrić, Özil, J. Rodriguéz
- Forwards: Benzema, Higuaín
- Videos - 1 | 2 | 3
- starting off the new year - “I think we’re doing well. We started out 2013 with two wins, and that’s what’s most important. We have played well, although the games have been difficult, but what’s fundamental is that we have won.”
- his goal last season at Osasuna - “I would say that it is one of the nicest; it wasn’t the most important one, but I would especially emphasize that it was nice. Yes, the truth is it was a lovely goal, and also against a difficult rival and part of the victory. I still remember that goal, it was lovely.”Miscellaneous news
- Nuri Sahin completed a loan move to Borussia Dortmund today. He’ll be there for 18 months.
- Sergio Ramos called the head of the referee’s association to apologize for his actions in Wednesday’s match.
- Dani Carvajal told Marca he would love to return to Madrid.
- Guti confirmed the birth of his son Enzo earlier today.