- Karanka: “I think we can see the team’s improvement. In the first half we had chances that least year went in but this year it’s been a bit more difficult, but when we score the first goal we have the defensive solidity from last year and in attack we are regaining the confidence that allows you to win games as we have just done.” [video - 1 | 2]
- Ronaldo: “[Wednesday’s clásico] is a really important game, a complicated game. We’re going to play against one of the most difficult sides in the world, so it will be a great night. We’re playing at home, which is a great opportunity to have a success match. We’ll be missing a number of players, key players, who are very important for this squad, but that’s not an excuse, we have to play well because Barça is an amazing team. I hope that it’s a great night for us and we’re ready for the big match.” [videos - 1 | 2]
- Ramos: “I feel like a veteran because of the time I’ve been at the club. The level of responsibility is getting bigger. With regard to Casillas, who is the captain, we want him to return soon and those who have been here longest need to drag the team with us.” [video]
- Adán: ”It is amazing for those of us around Cristiano Ronaldo to see him play. He shows that he is the best in every match. It is indisputable and he is on a superb run of form, we need to help him to keep it going. Ozil also played well.” [video]
- Carvalho: ”The play that gave us the [first] goal happened very fast. I jumped and I honestly do not know whether I touched the goalkeeper or not. It is important to play well and win matches like this. In the league we have to be strong and consistent.”
Yellow card alert: Mesut Özil is suspended for the Granada match. Álvaro Arbeloa has 4 yellows.