Aug 16 | Fiorentina (Friendly) | 1-2 (L)
Aug 12 | Sevilla (UEFA Super Cup) | 2-0 (W)
Aug 2 | Manchester United (ICC) | 3-1 (L)
Cristiano Ronaldo trains solo | July 27, 2014
The player worked with fitness coach Santi Lozano while the rest of the squad had a recovery session. Álvaro Arbeloa returned to the group after having sat out previously for back pain.
Celta Vigo 2-0 Real Madrid (May 11, 2014) | La Liga, MD 37
- With this loss, the league run is over. On to the Champions League!
- A minute of silence was held to remember the 5 young futsal players who died in a bus accident.
Next training: Tuesday
Next match: Espanyol (H) Saturday, 4 PM CEST | 10 AM EDT
Training | May 10, 2014
Fifteen outfield players, including Ramos and Ronaldo, participated in the last practice of the week. The keepers worked with their GK coach. Absent were Pepe, Di María, Carvajal and Varane, who trained indoors.
Absences: Benzema, Carvajal, Di María, Jesé, Pepe, Ronaldo, Varane (injury)
- Both Arbeloa and Khedira will be guaranteed playing time against Celta.
- He and the team doctor mutually agreed that Ronaldo isn’t 100% yet so that’s why he won’t be playing Sunday.
- Injury update: A sore left knee (seen bandaged here) has kept Benzema off the call-up sheet. He’s reportedly been coping with discomfort since the Bayern match and pending development, could be reserved until the final on the 24th. According to Marca, RM’s medical staff have told Pepe he should be fit in time for the UCL final.
- watch: Ronaldo in another BES ad
- In addition to the live screening at the Bernabéu, the Community of Madrid will also have a big screen installed in front of the Real Casa de la Correos in the Puerta del Sol for the UCL final.
Training | May 9, 2014
Seventeen players participated in Friday’s session. Missing were Ramos, Carvajal, Pepe, Varane and Di María, who remained indoors. Ronaldo completed the first half of the session before working on his on.
Saturday’s practice will be partially open to the press.
- 5 players have scored at least 10 goals each
- MD 38 to be played on May 18 at 8 PM CEST or the 17th at the same time if Espanyol secure their place in La Liga beforehand
- Ancelotti at a management game event: “You can’t always sign the best players, but if it were up to me I wouldn’t sign anyone because I’m happy with what I’ve got”.
- Carvajal praises RM’s youth system
- on his relationship with Iker Casillas: “It’s all been said already. We are two professionals who fight for the same thing, Real Madrid. It’s not a topic that we’re going to talk about.” […] “I have a good relationship with the dressing room and so does he. We are a team and this situation is in the past. There have been times where two players, who were once close, don’t speak for two years. The dressing room works things our naturally and things get settled. There are 22 of us in there day after day, most of us travel together every week. In all that time, we become friends; we make enemies, things from good to bad. But Real Madrid is above it all and on the pitch; Madrid is the only thing that exists.”
- being a role model: “Nowadays there is much ado about the fact that we have to be examples for the children. I don’t have to be an example for anyone. I have to be an example for my children and that’s it. I never step out onto the pitch thinking about the kids. Nor do I go out trying to hurt anyone or wanting to injure them. I’m a footballer and the only thing I’m thinking about when I step out onto the pitch is doing my best for the team. I had a father once say to me when he saw me on the tv, he said: ‘Look, you can’t do that, that’s bad.’ And yes, there are situations where that’s true. What do you want me to stay? You see how Diego Costa plays and think: ‘Shit, look at the things this guy does’. Well, I want a Diego Costa on my team. A hard ass that goes for every ball and clashes with everyone. And when I play against him, I try to get into it with him, but that’s it.”
Training | May 5, 2014
Monday’s morning session was the first of the week. Out on the practice pitch were Sunday’s bench players and keepers. The starters, except Illarra, remained inside. Modrić, who missed the previous couple practices because of calf pain, trained alone.
Tuesday’s open training will begin at 11 o’clock.
- With the help of producer Red One, RM has reportedly recorded a new anthem in which several undisclosed players have participated. The club wants to premiere it before the Champions League final.
- Zidane’s Audi interview: “I wanted to concentrate on enjoying spending time with my family and my sons, because for 16 or 18 years football was my sole focus. When I retired I focused on my family. Now I want to get more involved in football again and show that I’ve got something to offer as a coach.”
- Unesco Cup presentation
- MD37’s kickoff (vs Celta) announced: Sunday, May 11 at 7 PM CEST | 1 PM EDT
Next match: Real Valladolid (A) - Wednesday, 9 PM CEST | 3 PM EDT
Training | May 1, 2014
- According to Marca, when Pérez went down to the dressing room after Tuesday’s game, the first thing he did was console Alonso over his yellow card and to also praise the players for being “the best team of his life”.
Training | April 11, 2014
The squad completed their final pre-Almería session with a few absences. Alonso was given the day off. Marcelo trained indoors; the injured Khedira, Jesé and Ronaldo continued their own recoveries. Arbeloa stepped onto the training pitch for Ancelotti’s technical chat before exercising with the handbike.
Absences: Alonso, Carvajal (suspension) | Arbeloa, Jesé, Khedira, Marcelo, Ronaldo (injury)
- Marcelo, who wasn’t called up, should be back soon.
- key to the Dortmund loss was the missed penalty; there was too much criticism on the team
- “I heard that Klopp wanted the first leg on DVD so our performance in Madrid must have been worthy of an Oscar.”
- Illarra will replace Alonso (suspended) in the starting XI.
- on the UCL SF: “The Champions League draw is good because we’re in it. We’ll play against a difficult side, with individual and collective quality. Guardiola is one of the best coaches in the world and it is a side with a lot of experience. It will be a difficult game for us, but also for them too.”
- Casillas at Samsung event: “[Cristiano’s] a big miss. We can’t have him tomorrow and possibility not for the cup final either. We want him to get better as soon as possible.”
Kickoff vs Almería (H) is Saturday, 10 PM CEST | 4 PM EST.