Copa del Rey, 2011
Injury update: Ronaldo and Pepe returned to group training. Arbeloa and Marcelo were in the gym.
Yellow card alert: Essien (2) and Ramos (4)
Absences: Arbeloa and Marcelo (injury)
- GK: Casillas, Adán, López
- D: Albiol, Carvalho, Coentrão, Nacho, Pepe, Ramos, Varane
- MF: Alonso, Callejón, Di María, Essien, Kaká, Khedira, Modrić, Özil
- F: Benzema, Higuaín, Morata, Ronaldo
By Carlos Alvarez-Getty Images
20130425-Iker present the new boots Adidas Predator
“It is not a good feeling, it is painful to lose a semi-final first leg 4-1. But after the match, people start to pick themselves up, to believe and realise that there is still the second leg ahead of us. We have five days to appeal to Real Madrid fans, to come to the Bernabeu to support as they have done at other times for us to get through to the next round. We can remember great historical moments in which all seemed lost and in the end we made the comeback. As captain and player for this squad I ask that the people who go to the Bernabeu give their heart and soul. The 11 who take to the field will do that to try to get through the tie. We believe that it can be done.” — Iker Casillas
Act of vandalism at the Avenida de Iker Casillas: “(about Iker) Now he’s the best goalkeeper in Pozuelo (a municipality in Albacete, Castile-La Mancha). X Come on Diego L”
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO SICK
I can’t understand how someone could do it.
April 13, 2013
- thoughts on the SF draw: “Dortmund is the team against which we couldn’t win this season, so, again, anybody who thinks this is going to be easy and takes it for granted that we will play the final is pretty wrong.”
- the possibility of Casillas starting since San Mamés is where he debuted and this will be the last time the club will play there: “I think San Mamés is special for any player. Of course, it’s even more special to Iker, because he made his debut there, but it’s special to everybody —to me, to Xabi Alonso who comes from Real Sociedad, to Sergio Ramos who played hundreds of times there… I can’t tell you whether he’ll play or not, because the players haven’t been told yet and it’s only fair that they find out first.”
- his future, should Mourinho decide to leave: “I’ve answered that question several times. I’ve been working alongside this coach and technical staff for two years and a half, almost three years. I’ve been learning and enjoying more and more day after day, despite the fact that it might look otherwise or that a lot of people try to promote that idea. I’m delighted to work with a coach who is respected internationally by the best football professionals —players, managers, coaches. I am proud to say that I have 5 more friends. And when this comes to an end, whether it is this year, next year or in ten years time, I’ll make a decision.”
Call-ups (20 players)
- Keepers: Casillas, Adán, López
- Defenders: Albiol, Carvalho, Coentrão, Marcelo, Nacho, Pepe, Ramos, Varane
- Midfielders: Alonso, Callejón, Di María, Khedira, Modrić
- Forwards: Benzema, Higuaín, Morata, Ronaldo
Injury update: Karanka mentioned that 4 players were injured or ill — Kaká (discomfort in an unspecified location), Özil (ill), Essien (hamstring), Arbeloa (back).
Next match: Athletic Bilbao vs. Real Madrid - Sunday, 9 PM CEST | 3 PM EST
Tangier’s Real Madrid Foundation students meeting members of the 1st team
Convención de Adidas en Nuremberg ( Alemania ) con Kaka, Benzema y Marcelo. Mañana sorteo de las semifinales de la UEFA Champions League! Quien creéis que nos va a tocar??
Adidas Convention in Nuremberg (Germany) with Kaka, Benzema and Marcelo. Tomorrow is the UEFA Champions League semifinal draw! Who do you think we will get?
Injury update: When José Mourinho was asked if Iker Casillas would be called up for Tuesday’s QF match, he revealed that the captain will be on the bench for Saturday’s league match against Levante.