Real Sociedad 3-3 Real Madrid | La Liga (Match Day 37)
- A 42-official game winning streak, where Kaká scored or assisted, was snapped tonight.
- Gonzalo Higuaín reaches 120 official goals with Real Madrid — 1 away from Juanito.
A lucky fan visited the Bernabeu today and met the team
Luckiest kid. He met damn near the whole squad.
Marcelo, Cristiano and Sami lend their support to the Game Of Hope
Injury update: Marcelo (hamstring) and Sergio Ramos (hamstring) returned to group training on Wednesday. Mesut Özil (ankle), Sami Khedira (?), and Álvaro Arbeloa (back) made their returns within the past week. Only Raphaël Varane (knee) is still in the sick bay. A reported four to six-week recovery is expected after his meniscus surgery on Monday.
Real Madrid 4-2 Real Valladolid | Ronaldo 70’
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Mesut Özil are the most lethal duo in Spanish football in 2 decades — 32 goals created between the pair.
Real Madrid 3-2 Real Valladolid | Kaká 49’
- Real Madrid has won every official game in which Kaká has scored or assisted (41-0-0).
Borussia Dortmund 4-1 Real Madrid | UCL (Semi-final, 1st leg)
- Ronaldo: 43’ (Higuaín assist)“The best team by far won. Individually and collectively Dortmund were better and deserved their victory. They were first to every ball and were far more intense than us. We found it hard to hold onto possession when they pressed. I think all of my players gave it their all. We can come back.” — José Mourinho“We were lacking in attitude and I point to myself first when I say that. It will be very difficult in the return leg at home but we must remain confident and try to react. When the draw for the semi-finals was made a lot of people thought this was going to be easy for us but this is a German team we are talking about; they are a great side.” — Sergio Ramos
The Rise of Khedira: Influential vocies on the making of Madrid’s midfielder
- Cristiano Ronaldo: “Khedira is very important. He gives the team better balance and this allows us to play in a more compact way.”
- José Mourinho: “I currently do not know of any other player who is better than Sami in his position.”
- Frieder Schrof, youth-team coach: Sami is thankful to everyone who stood by him when he was coming up. When he was last in Stuttgard, he dropped in for the Under-16s Christmas party and stayed all evening.”
- Joachim Löw: “He is a true leader. He is very dynamic and makes his presence felt.”
Sami Khedira in Champions Matchday
“When I arrived at Real Madrid, I had a primarily defensive role. I was there to defend. But with the national team I was always more offensive and José Mourinho realised that.”
“I was often too impetuous and he has taken that out of my game. He told me to step back a little, play smarter, use my head more. I used to think I had to slog my guts out to help the team the best I could. I play in a subtler, calmer way than before. He has made me a strategist.”
“When I came to Madrid, everyone was talking about the Décima. Since I didn’t speak any Spanish, I didn’t know what they were talking about. It took a while for me to understand, but at Madrid, the Décima is everything.”